ragedy struck the town of Kasese yesterday evening when a 14-year-old girl named Jazila lost her life due to electrocution.
The young victim was returning from Mawa market, where her mother had sent her to purchase food for supper. Jazila was also a P.7 pupil at Infant Preparatory School, which was located in Kilembe quarters.
According to eyewitness reports, Jazila met her untimely death when she inadvertently landed on an electric wire that had been brought down from the poles by a heavy windstorm. Unfortunately, she died on the spot, leaving the entire community in shock and mourning.
Jazila resided with her mother at Kamulikwizi cell, Kanyangeya ward of Nyamwamba Division in Kasese Municipality. Her sudden and tragic death has left her family, friends, and fellow students in a state of shock and grief.
In response to the incident, the police have taken the deceased’s body from the scene and transported it to Kasese Municipal Health III Mortuary for a postmortem examination. The authorities have promised to release more details about the tragic event in subsequent news broadcasts.
The entire community of Kasese mourns the loss of this young girl who had her entire life ahead of her. This unfortunate incident highlights the dangers of exposed electric wires during harsh weather conditions and the importance of safety measures to prevent such incidents in the future. We offer our heartfelt condolences to Jazila’s family and friends during this difficult time. May her soul rest in eternal peace.