A fourth health official has today succumbed to Ebola, according to the health minister Jane Ruth Aceng. Aceng said in a tweet: “I regret to announce the passing of another Health worker, Ms. Margaret Nabisubi, an aesthetic officer.”
She added: “The 58-year-old succumbed to Ebola at 4.33 am this morning at Fort Portal Hospital (JMedic) after battling the disease for 17 days.” According to Aceng, Nabisubi is the fourth health worker to be killed by the deadly virus.
“The late Margaret is the 4th health worker we have lost in the current Ebola outbreak after the probable cause of the midwife, Dr. Ali, and the health assistant in Kagadi District. May their souls rest in eternal peace,” Aceng said.
The passing of Nabisubi brings the cumulative number of deaths to 10, with 43 confirmed cases. Emmanuel Ainebyoona, the health ministry spokesperson, told the media at least 65 health workers had been quarantined after getting in contact with suspected Ebola cases.
“We are monitoring them for 21 days. We believe they got in contact with suspected cases of Ebola,” Ainebyoona said.
“They are in isolation but in their homes. But the situation is under control,” he added. On September 20, the country declared an Ebola outbreak after a case of the Sudan strain was detected in the Mubende district.